Harley Street Dental Center offers the latest in state of the art digital dentistry with the Cerec tooth reconstruction process. Making high quality ceramic dental restoration like veneers, crowns, inlays, and on lays in a single visit
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics), also known as Precision CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing), is a dental technology used to create accurate porcelain dental restorations within minutes.
The CEREC technology is indicated to create dental restorations such as dental crowns, inlays and onlays (tooth cavity fillings) or veneers (wafer-thin, translucent ceramic shells placed over the tooth). Creating crowns is indicated:
- To restore and protect a worn, decayed or broken tooth
- To support the teeth after major filling or root canal therapy
- To cover dental implants and hold a dental bridge
- To cover a discolored tooth and improve the smile
- Patients have an initial consultation, followed by an examination. X-Rays of the teeth are then produced to help the dentist to create the right treatment needed for the tooth
- The dentist then clean the damaged tooth from decay and defective old treatment in preparation for the new ceramic restoration .
- The prepared tooth then scanned to produce a high definition 3D virtual model of the teeth and the jaws, so that the dentist then accurately design and adjust the tooth reconstruction with the CEREC Software .
- Our dentist chooses the right type size and color shade from a variety of different ceramic blocks to fabricate the new restoration with the CEREC 3D milling machine, this process normally takes just few minutes to complete.
- After the milling depending on the type of ceramic the restoration can be fired (baked) for a few minutes in a special furnace to reach the ultimate strength and to be individually characterized to make it more like a real tooth by adding stains and glaze.
- The dentist then completes the tooth repair process by cementing the new restoration in place.
The CEREC digital dentistry process, is extremely accurate and quick, and produces great results for the patients every time. This technology does not require tooth impressions or reduction of tooth structure for creating the dental restorations.
Advantages of CEREC
Various advantages of CERAC include:
- Accurate shape of dental restorations
- Creates healthy restoration within minutes
- Short sculpting time
- Placement of the dental restoration in a single appointment
- Restorations are safe and made of metal free materials
- Durable, natural and accurately fitted restorations